Apple power adapter short circuit , new ios
Yesterday when I went to plug in my power adapter to charge my iPhone; the thing short circuited and created sparks so intense that the whole adapter was glowing for a second. I also almost got burnt from the sparks that came out from the USB slot but luckily I dropped the adapter in time. There was also smoke present and when you smell the adapter it smells fried on the inside.
I called Apple yesterday and theyre going to send to send me a new adapter and USB to compensate and also give me some other kind of compensation due to the health and safety issue caused by the product. They want me to take it to the Apple store tomorrow to see what else they can do for me basically.
Anyone else experience this, and know what I should try asking for? Any to be helped is appreciated.