iPad 1 wifi + 3g restore error -1 only with communication PCB installed $ & iphone ios/hardware , assistance please
Hey folks! Great forum!
I have an iPad 1 3g model here that will not restore if a communication PCB is installed. It will throw error -1. If I restore Along without the communications PCB installed, and then install it, it will ask to activate upon reboot then restart itself never completing and throwing itself into a loop. It will work fine restored Along without the communication PCB (all other features, Including BT, WiFi, etc are OK). Things I have done to try and eliminate:
1) Swap dock PCB Along with known good PCB as per another thread.
2) Swap communication PCB Along with known good communication PCB.
3) Thoroughly cleaned all PCBs and connectors including SIM tray.
4) Inspected for damage throughout. No visual distress (water, etc).
5) Verified support peripherals are ok (Battery, etc).
6) Obvious hard resets, restores, DFU, different SIM, etc.
7) Verified comm & main PCB are original to device.
8) Attempted restore Along with just SIM tray disconnected.
9) Searched this forum extensively before asking
Ive come across one or two posts describing something similar but nothing was ever resolved. The common consensus was to Hacktivate the device, which I would like to avoid. The IMEI checks out clean everywhere ive tried it. It is not icloud locked either. The three things worth considering are:
1) The 3g midframe antenna is bad.
2) I received the device Along with no EMI shield/covers.
3) I believe ive isolated this to a main PCB issue through process of elimination.
I have the schematic and skill, but im lacking direction. Id like to repair this legitimately and for personal use. Any to be helped would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!