Note 3 Glitch: Wi-Fi issues
Some Note 3 owners are having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi networks, finding that the Wi-Fi is very slow, or that the device keeps dropping the connection. There are a ton of potential reasons for this and consequently there are a ton of potential fixes. Here’s what you can try:
Some people with stability issues have been able to get solid Wi-Fi connections simply by making sure that mobile data is switched off. Just drag down the notification shade and toggle Mobile data off.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and tap Menu > Advanced and then uncheck Auto network switch. That seems to have helped some people.
- Try turning off the Note 3 and your router for a few minutes and then turn them both back on again.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and long press on the problem connection, then tell the device to forget it and set the connection up again from scratch.
- Try out the free Wi-fi Analyzer app and see if crowded channels could be the issue. If so then change the channel on your router.
- Make sure that your router firmware is up to date and check settings like MAC filtering.
- If you’re having stability issues then you might try disabling the apps Wi-Fi Direct and Wi-Fi Direct Share via Settings > Applications manager on the All tab.