Samsung note 4 Problem: Wi-Fi connection
Every time a new smartphone is released there are a lot of reports about problems with connecting to Wi-Fi networks or maintaining good Wi-Fi speeds. Here’s what to try if it happens to you:
- Try turning your Note 4 and your router off for a couple of minutes. Now turn them on again and retry the connection.
- Take a look in Settings > Power saving and make sure that low battery life isn’t restricting your Wi-Fi.
- Try forgetting the connection, choose your router in Settings > Wi-Fi and Forget. Enter the details again.
- Try the free Wi-Fi Analyzer app and see if the channel you’re using is crowded. Change to another channel if it is.
- Take a look at the settings on your router. Make sure that MAC filtering isn’t on, or add your Note 4’s MAC address, which you’ll find in Wi-Fi > Settings > Advanced.
- Make sure that your router firmware is fully up to date.